But that didn't hold us back, we got on with the job of chatting, snacking and putting the world to rights, oh and of course some sewing!!
Happy sewers ready for action!
My Wagon Wheel - this was tricky, we had to put interfacing on the back and then turn it through - in doing so we had to cut of half to three quarters of an inch - my interfacing didn't stick to the backing - I think I must have put it on back to front!! Duh!!
Marg's wagon wheel, turned and ready to be attached to the backing
Tania made hers a different way, she used a little vislioflix (I can't spell or say that word!! lol!) and machine appliqued her wagon wheel bits on,
and finished first!!! One happy sewer!
Marg hand sewing her centre to the wagon wheel,
Tania has moved onto the next block, she is firing along!!
We had a break for supper, berries in jelly and I had a dollop of cream, yum!!
And here are the finished blocks, Tracee was with us, she had a lot of problems with her interfacing, it melted under the iron, so she had to take it off and try again with plain calico. So much for my blasé statement that this looked like an easy block!! I will never say that again!! But I just realised that I didn't get a photo of Tracee - I had one but she looked like a deer caught in the headlights so it was deleted! So another block completed on the Underground Railroad Sampler - and we have homework!!!! Next block to be attempted at home during the month!Oh dear that is a bit scary!! Don't forget to visit Cheryll and see what others have been up to on FNWF.