Sunday, November 23, 2014

Mission accomplished! !

I started on this quilt in November last year at a sewing day at Mount Macedon.....finally got the quilt finished, got it quilted and sewed on the binding and then put it on a chair.....because when I sewed on the binding I noticed the seam on one of the triangles had pulled out when it was being quilted.  With having to pack up at home and going away for the weekend I decided to get my act together and get it done. So during this weekend I have done the hand sewing on the binding, except for one part where the backing was caught in the quilting and had to be unpicked and re done! Didn't check very well when I put  on the binding did I!! This morning I have also appliqu├ęd on a replacement triangle to cover where the seam pulled out......one of those  jobs I have been putting off because it was too scary!! Well the points are not crash hot but it is done and once  on the bed it wont be noticed anyway...she says hopefully!!!!

Pinned in place...now to nervously stitch


binding nearly finished

triangle in place...a bit lumpy and bumpy but I am ok with that
Nearly all done....only taken 12 months! ! Lol! 
Happy sewing.



6 comments:

Leeanne said...

Great save! looks amazing on your bed.................this is a fun quilt. I have quilted a couple of these designs for my customers each one different. One lady that is mad on cats had to have cats!

Christine M said...

Your quilt looks great, Sue.

Helen said...

Oh wow a great finish, looks lovely on the bed :)

marina said...

what a wonderful finish. great repair job too.

Fiona said...

well saved... and the quilt looks really great...
Hugz

Diane-crewe said...

it looks wonderful... and if there are any complaints.. tell them to do better xx lol x