Friday, June 12, 2015

I had....

a lovely surprise this afternoon....a phone call from Shez who was on her way to Queenscliff....did I want to meet for lunch was the question.......well the answer was an obvious Yes!!! So we met at the pickle shop in the main street, but we were both a little confused as we usually find the shop by smell....they cook chutneys and pickles out the back......the shop I shut this week....blinds down, no cooking....that confused us!! Anyway we had a wander around and found this lovely nursery
Shez bought me this lovely bird house as a house moving present...how nice is that??

We met Wayne who owns the nursery.....his wife Julie owns the Port Arlington quilt shop....and the class I am doing in Geelong on Sunday is being taught by...Julie!!! Isn't it a small world!!!! This was a lovely nursery, small but with lots of lovely things in it, I will be back there  again. Wayne didn't want his photo taken so he remains a mystery man!! Lol!!


Lunch on the main street...my fault I made a suggestion of fish and chips and then it was in Shez's mind...a more sensible suggestion of soup and a roll was not acceptable once the fish and chip idea was planted!! Lol!! I have to say it was very nice!

we wandered over here to have a look in the antique shop.....some lovely things in there too.....we went up the 360 tower but I didn't take a photo!!! Only of the toyvoyagers, but you get a wonderful view from the top....
Not bad huh!!


we stopped for a hot drink here...lovely looking place, had a very tempting range of flourless goodies, but I resisted!!

Then we had a wander along the pier...
two skinny ladies!!!Lol!!


on the way back we spied this rainbow colour on the edge of the cloud..Shez reckoned it was a space ship beaming down to earth!! Lol!! Could be, you never know!!

We had to say goodbye, Shez was off to the retreat to sew the weekend away and I had to head home....the sun was heading down over Swan Bay....

I had stopped on the road side and saw this gum on the wattle tree, isn't it a beautiful colour!!
Many thanks Shez for a wonderful afternoon...love spur of the moment get togethers!!! I had the best time! Yay for friends!!

Happy sewing.

11 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

How nice to spend such a lovely time with Shez

KERYN B said...

What a wonderful surprise and looks like a fabulous day...fish and chips on a cold day yummmmmmmm..

marina said...

what a great day!
maybe the ufo was the mother ship coming to pick you both up?? lol

Jo said...

Looks like a beautiful day out and great weather to make it special.
Lucky you.

Elyte said...

A surprise lunch date and an enjoyable day out. Lovely photos of both of you and a great way to start the weekend. See you tomorrow.

Chookyblue...... said...

a great day out...........

shez said...

It was a great day Thankyou Sue for coming up to meet me,I had the best afternoon and got to see and do so much enjoy your day tomorrow my friend xx

Christine M said...

What an adventure you too had. Great photos, Sue.

Fiona said...

those off the cuff get togethers are so much fun... I can imagine you two had a great time...
Hugz

Leeanne said...

awesome time out! Love the long legged ladies photo.

Diane-crewe said...

what a wonderful way to spend you day .. wonderful memories xx