Month one has arrived
progress as at 30/01/2018
baby hexies made
progress for 1/2/2018. One triangle and one leaf shape sewn down.
All sewn down 15/2/2018
a new hexie is completed 21/2/2018
centre hexie pinned down ready for sewing
BOM # 2 arrived in the mail today, 23/2/2018.
circles ready for round 2, 16.3 2108
progress as at 21/3/2018
progress as at 23/3/2018
I have made a mistake here and left of one circle...
which I found on the floor of the sewing room today!
Diamonds are ready to go over the seam between the hexies and the circles.
Number 3 has arrived.....30/3/2018
diamonds are being added
preparation for the next round
#4 has arrived
and a start has been made on the half inch hexies.
hexies almost completed this morning 9/5/2018
next lot of hexies started 14/5/2018.
next days progress 15/5/2018
First diamond hexie 16/5/2018
and three more
progress with the hexies
#5 was here when I got back from holidays and #6 arrived last week
with beautiful fabric enclosed.
two more nearly finished.
fabric cut for the hexies to be appliqued on to.
progress as at 9/7/2018.
progress as at 12/7/2018
progress as at 14/7/2018.
Month 8 arrived in the post last week (Aug 20th)
beautiful fabric for the final circles and the binding.
Block 5 already included here, but now have #7 as well.
bias tape made for next round 22/8/18.
progress as at 20/9/2018.
progress as at 24/9/2018
the last few circles have their gathering stitch.
progress as at 1/10/2018.
progress 3/10/2018...39 circles stitched down.
circles finished 8/10/2019
tacking nearly done on the bias strip and some applique
bias strip is on and appliqued
corner flowers are in place , applique has begun 20/10/2018.
One flower done, next one started.
Getting one petal help. St Leonards sewing group.
all large flowers appliqued on
they slowly got better as I went along, the centres might still be covered with circles, I am undecided.
Small hexies appliqued in between the petals.
progress as at 9/11/2018
last petal of the last flower 11/11/2018.
Last two hexies appliqued on after Sandy from Shiralee stitches sent me a piece of fabric I had lost.
Change of plan, I decided to put circles over the centre of the flowers after seeing a finished quilt that had the same....now I really am finished.
The quilt is off in New Zealand waiting to be quilted by Leeanne of Quiltmekiwi. I am very excited to see what she does.
I need to update a photo of the quilted quilt!
Many thanks to Leeanne Of Quiltmekiwi, this quilt was not an easy to quilt to manage as I had stretched seams. Leeanne did an amazing job, her quilting is sensational.