sure is not going to fit!! So I had to cut new bits, and didn't have enough fabric so had to go search for a replacement fabric....I finally got them joined together and then the piece for the bottom of the bag, which was precut as per the instructions, didn't fit either.....luckily I was speaking to Tracee about this time and she helped work me through my problems. We have decided to just make it the way we understand to make it!! It had been pushed to the back of the desk for now.
Today was the first day back at Seachange Quilters in Barwon Heads, I was hopeful the quilting machine would be free...it was so Pat and I played on the latest Aussie hero quilt
Pat quilting the blocks
looking good, it is a large swirly pattern but looked a bit like fish hooks,
we then launched into free range quilting on the centre of the quilt, doesn't show that well here but we highlighted the fish
all done, now for the trimming and then the binding.
Hubby and I went down tot he vege patch this afternoon, I had sprayed with insect repellent but they got me everywhere I didn't spray!! They drove me back inside eventually, but
we got the wire in for the snow peas to grow up, they were splattered everywhere around the fence I had put in already, the corn and lettuce are looking good, the cucumber are slowly growing
and the tomato plants are doing well..I think that is where the mosquito's are living!!
I have been watching one fig slowly ripening...today it has gone, just a little bit where it attaches to the tree...there were wattle birds in the tree so maybe they are the culprits!
there are more coming....just have to learn how to protect them from the birds now!! Tinsel, bits of fabric and an Xmas decoration have not worked!!
I am off to trim the quilt now and then should sort some dinner, I think it will be macaroni cheese with bacon tonight!!