I have managed to finish up a quilt, well the label still needs to be sewn on and it will be really finished!
The blocks in this quilt were made by Jan, sewn together by Margaret while on retreat, quilted by Joan and bound and labelled by me! Real community effort. Jan has had serious health issues so several of us are helping her get some blocks into quilts.
I have caught up on 15 mins a day creating art - I have a long way to go (ability wise) but am enjoying what is happening
Link to see other art is here.
I am off for a walk, the sun is shining, the wind is blowing, good to get out and get some fresh air.
Happy stitching.




Great quilt, it's lovely to sew one together with others. Your art is great... at least you can recognise what they are which one would not for me!!
ReplyDeleteHugz
Lovely to help your friend finish up her quilts. I am enjoying your sketchbook pages. xx
ReplyDeleteHow nice of you all to help Jan get her quilts finished! Your art creations are looking good. How wonderful that you are keeping up with your 15 minutes a day.
ReplyDeleteYour art a day project looks interesting Sue. I think Gail is doing something similar, not sure she is keeping up every day with it. That quilt looks great - I am always drawn to tiny squares.
ReplyDeleteYes I need to walk too - its been so wet here but windy today & blossom petals everywhere. I need to make myself go!!! Have a great week Sue. xx
nothing like quilters coming together to help out a fellow quilter. The quilt looks lovely.
ReplyDeletekeep up the great work creating art!
So nice you all are helping Gail to get her quilt finished.
ReplyDeleteGood progress on your InkFortnight.
Cool to see your art pieces! It sure does sound like a real team effort with finishing Jan's quilt/s....a good way to do it.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see your finish and great when its a shared effort to get it to the finish line. Love your art.....it's always so good for mind, body and soul xx
ReplyDeleteI love your Ink Fortnight work. I now have my blog links updating so have lots to catch up on.
ReplyDeleteAll the best to Jan; it’s wonderful that you are all helping her and creating such a marvelous community project. It’s a beautiful quilt—those lovely colored squares always look great.
ReplyDeleteYour artistic work with paper and paint is fantastic; I really like the little collages... :-)))
Sending you a hug.
Have a wonderful weekend, Viola.