Saturday, September 12, 2026

Progress and an outing

I spent some time last Monday on the back deck sandwiching two quilts
The wisteria is just coming into Bloom
Such a beautiful perfume wafts around  when the breeze blows.

Tuesday I was up early an off to South Geelong where I got the train into the city (Melbourne) to go to the Craft and Quilt fair. 

I had to do duty on the Guild table in the afternoon but in the morning was lucky enough to meet up with these lovely ladies
Over from NZ for the fair. It was wonderful to spend some time with Julie and her crafty ladies. We had a wander around,  sat and listened to the Ninja man giving a talk
I came away wanting to but everything he talked about but then calmed down and realised I really need to finish things I have here not start new things, even though they looked really interesting.
Julie and I at the show, plus a little present I managed to slip into her bag, Julie didn't find it until she unpacked back at the hotel 😉

I took loads of photos of quilts, here are a few 
this looks amazing up close

Then I started my duty at the Guild table,I spoke to several people about the Guild and about my cropped diamonds sewing, the general consensus was that I was mad 🙄 ah well it helped pass the time. Hopefully we will have two or three people interested in coming to have a look at the Guild and several people took the info for the bellarine Quilters quilt show in October. 
My ruby celebration once again
Love the ants
General view from where I was sitting.
Friday we went into Geelong, I watched a seal swim along the foreshore,  I wondered if it was the one that often rests on the floating walk way near by.


Water front in Geelong.
I am off to attempt some foundation  paper  piecing...it would not cooperate last night, maybe today, but first the washing calls.
Happy stitching.



6 comments:

  1. What a great show! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely show. That bee quilt is stunning. Some people are so very clever with fabrics and threads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun day out and I love your quilts that you were pinning..... how did the foundation piecing go?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great show, Sue, and how cool that Julie and friends came over and you were able to spend time with them! I hope you had better luck with the FPP?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great show Sue and so lovely to meet up with Julie and friends. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue - just found this post now - blogger has not been updating my reading list (as well as others I have found). How wonderful it was to catch up again, even briefly is better than not at all. You took many different quilt photos to me so its great to see yours - it was such an enjoyable event. I think I could easily have gone a second day just to really admire the quilts & take my time. I really loved your Ruby red piece Sue - so different. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment, it makes my day!! Lovely to hear from you.