Sunday, September 6, 2026

How time flies

Time seems to be constantly getting  away from me. Last weekend I went with Adam, Beth Finn and Beth's parents to Winter Glow at the Adventure Park in Wallington  near Geelong. We arrived about 4pm and had a look around,  Finn  tried out toasted marshmallows


And enjoyed them!
He had some rides


Finn  is in there with his parents!
Played mini golf

and then as the sun set the lights came on

I forgot this ride!
Finn loved that he has some control!

The water was so calm and the reflections  amazing!







I will get onto the laptop later and turn all the photos around  the right way 😁
By about 6.30 Fin  was fast approaching his use by date, so we headed home. It was also getting cold.
I had a walk over at Portarlington and saw the resting seal near the ferry dock.
Sleeping and ignoring this tourist πŸ˜…
I have also completed two more blocks for the Rainbow Connection Quilters and sent them on their way
Two bears paws. I did have to do a little unsewing as I managed to do this
Luckily it was quickly fixed.
Betty has been putting the previous blocks together into a quilt top
My block is bottom left, I need to be more careful with choosing colours and following the photo I was sent.

Another local walk one tree was full of corellas

Last Tuesday we met up with Barry and Judy and had lunch at Van Loons, they were staying at Barwon Heads before heading back home. It was wonderful to be able to meet up and have a chat and enjoy the nursery, shame Judy couldn't take plants back over the border. 🌳

I have quilted two cot sized quilts, they need to be trimmed and bound, hopefully today.
The dog quilt is finished and sent to its new owners, sadly I forgot to take a photo!
I am off to do some sewing and trimming.
Happy stitching. 



21 comments:

  1. What a lovely day at the adventure park—it’s a joy to look at your photos. Thank you.
    The Bear's Paw blocks are beautiful.
    And the quilt top Betty is sewing from the blocks looks great—though I’m sure it’s not easy to find the right fabric to bring it all together. I think collaborative projects like that are wonderful.
    Warm regards, Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I should have followed the picture I had and realised I needed blue corners! Betty had to put in sashings to get the blocks to play nicely together. Is great to be involved in a project like that.

      Delete
  2. The adventure park looks very fun. You always have such great quilts in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wood carving of the monkey in your header is truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you google Thomas Dambo you can see lots more in other countries.

      Delete
  4. The wood carving of the monkey in your header is awesome. I haven't noticed it before, but this time I'm reading blogs on the big computer. It really pops out!
    Marshmallows, yum We don't really find them here. I'd love to have some to toast, and eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is new, is one of the sculptures we saw in WA.

      Delete
  5. Dear Viola, beautiful photos. It looks like a wonderful time. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to edit my comment but it sent before I could. So sorry. 😊 Beautiful photos. Looks like a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous outing for Finn... the quilt is looking good... reminds me of tiled areas....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh your adventure park photos are wonderful Sue & Finn is growing up so fast - I can see both his Mum & His Dad in him.
    I've always loved the Bears Paw block for some reason - it was the first quilt block I ever learnt the name of because I used to make lots of bears at the time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The adventure park looks like fun, so good to meet up with you both for lunch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finn is growing so fast! These fun days out with the kids are memory makers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow the Winter Glow even looks amazing - it looks like there was something for everyone to enjoy. Fun to see Finn enjoying it too. Lovely that you could meet with Judy and Barry; a nursey is always a nice setting for a coffee etc. You're busy on the sewing front too - great you caught the Bears Paw error in time...I've unpicked a few of them in my time.....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great place to take a small person - all those lights must have been magical to him. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what beautiful memories you are making with your young Finn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post. Lucky fix with the bears paw

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post. Lucky fix with the bears paw

    ReplyDelete
  16. Children , lights friends and quilts what else do you need.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fantastic outing with the family and Finn is getting so big.
    Nice time catching up with Barry and Judy too.
    Lucky you could fix the block .
    Love that header!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment, it makes my day!! Lovely to hear from you.