Monday, September 21, 2026

progress

I have started on the Inkfortnight creations, using fabric until I get brave enough to try something else!








I have also finished two more children's Christmas quilts for SJOG.
I was given a Christmas panel by Tracee of Hummingbird Quilting and also used a jelly roll I had here. I tried to do a jelly roll race with it and it didn't work so I am happy it has now been used for something else.  


We have a portrait challenge at Bellarine Quilters due to be shown at the Quilt Show at the end of October, quilting us due to start when I figure out what to do!!  I also need to sew in the needle and cotton.
Under the Sea has progressed to the quilting stage




I am stitching around the fish, animals and stems so far .
I am off for a walk hopefully before another rain shower happens.
Happy stitching. 

14 comments:

  1. Great work on your InkFortNight.
    Cute Christmas kids quilts and a great portrait Foundation Pieced.
    Lovely under the sea work too.
    Maria lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pieced block. So many pieces! it looks amazing. that octopus looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy Sue. I like your Ink fortnight pages. The little quilts are great and I love your portrait piece. Happy stitching! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful.
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas is coming. Incredibly fast!
    Your quilts are amazing. I'm awed the way you can quilt people and octopuses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I think I read somewhere there were 14 more weekends until Christmas!!!

      Delete
  6. Lots going on. That portrait is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the portrait! The InkFortNight looks interesting. Nice Christmas quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh lots of loveliness in this post Sue. Your inkfortnight challenge looks most interesting. I am in awe of your portrait piece - how amazing that is ... all those pieces. I think you should be designing patterns Sue.
    Under the Sea looks amazing too. I have not sewn much since my return but am itching to get into the sewing room - other things are requiring my attention!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess who, inspired by you, created a fabric art card!! I had so much fun with it. It's my first one too.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so excited that I completely forgot to say that your other project are so lovely! I am looking forward to seeing more of the portrait and Under the Sea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving seeing your 'arty farty' side being worked at. Love the portrait quilt specially
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good idea to start your Inkfort challenge with fabric -it would feel a little more achieveable!. I love your challenge piece., Great to see more progress on your Ocean quilt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment, it makes my day!! Lovely to hear from you.