Sunday, August 9, 2026

Finding the Giants

I have been out and about the last three days finding the Thomas Dambo giants. Thomas is a well known recycling artist and the Giants are made from recycled timber. 

From Google Thomas Dambo is a Danish recycling artist and sculptor celebrated for his monumental wooden troll installations crafted from reclaimed materials. Blending art, nature, folklore, and activism, he has created nearly 200 trolls across more than 20 countries through his ongoing “Trail of a Thousand Trolls” project. His works, often built with volunteers, invite exploration and convey environmental messages. Notable projects include The Six Forgotten Giants, Troll Hunt, Giants of Mandurah, and The 7 Trolls and the Magical Tower, cementing his role as a global advocate for upcycling and public art.

Most you have to walk a way to find them, one was close to the road (which was lucky as it rained when I arrived).
First one in Subiaco
Wonderful detail in the face 
A tourist just to show scale
Next one, there was quite a long bush walk to this one which was not far from a fire break road 
This is the back, no clue of what is on the other side 😁
My last look as I walked back to the car
The next one, the walk was from a park and along the coast line 

His view
Back on the road
Last one for the day
His view
Sun was setting when I got back 
Next day was supposed to be a rest day but the weather fined up in the afternoon so off I went again
I followed this path


To find this guy
He is looking out to sea, so it is easier to see from a boat 🚢 


Heading back to the car I found this geocache

Nearly walked into this family group!!
Then the heavy rain came so home I went.
Today we went to find the last mystery Giant
Lots of track like this
To find this, I think this is my favourite 😍 
On the way back to the car (3.5km) round trip I stumbled on a geocache

Just watching people go by. 
Some reading time has happened this afternoon
Has been a beautiful day here.
Think I will go and get out my stitching. 
Happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment, it makes my day!! Lovely to hear from you.