Monday, August 24, 2026

Sewing has been happening

I finished a KOGO blanket before we went away 
It has now been delivered to the local chemist for delivery.
I have finished my block for the Rainbow Connectiin quilters, I had a lot of trouble with the Y seams and lots of unpicking had to happen
The trimming happens when it gets to Betty, I now have the next fanric for two Bears Paw blocks for this month or  maybe next month 😳. 
I have finally finished the applique on the Under the Sea quilt, started during a class with  Kathy Doughty from Material Obcession. It was supposed to be a garden with big leaves and flowers on a black and white checked background,  but as I had the blue fabric I decided to do under the sea 🌊. 
Some of my under the sea leaves/seaweeds could have been bigger I guess but I am happy with it. Now the quilting begins!
I saw this amazing mural in Geelong last Friday, I had a quick walk before having an iron infusion and another infusion for Crohns, then a two hour wait to see if I had a reaction....wasn't expecting that! But they fed me well and made a great cuppa so no complaints from me!
I started some quilting on a quilt for my SIL's dog and managed to sew the backing in underneath at the same time. I think I was being told to stop, enough for one day. Is all unpicked and ready to go again. I made a quult for my BIL, he loves it, but the dog wants to sleep on it at night, hence this quilt can cover the other one and be a dog quilt.
I had a walk around the lake at Drysdale and spied these rabbits, not worried about me at all.
Sunrise this morning was stunning. Worth being up early for!
I am off to attempt some more quilting now, I will ensure the quilt is flat before starting 😁
Happy stitching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment, it makes my day!! Lovely to hear from you.